Thursday 9 October 2014

The OXO Tot Flippy™ Snack Cup with Travel Cover



The OXO Tot Flippy™ Snack Cup with Travel Cover

Hi Mamas!
Today is a special day for my family and I! today marks the 20th week mark! No, not 20weeks of blogging, 20 weeks of mini baby growing in my belly! yes, baby number 2 is on his way.  Ultrasound and all today, but we'll have to wait another 20weeks (or so!!!) to find out if it will be a he or a she!  Anything pregnancy related you'd like reviewed or for a newborn (soon to come) please let me know!

Ok, back to topic: today is about the OXO's Flippy snack cup.  Here is their description: "great for munching at home or on the go. The Flippy Snack Cup's soft, flexible opening gives little hands easy access to goodies, while the flaps keep even small snacks off the floor. The twist-on lid stays secure when the Flippy Snack Cup is dropped (or thrown!), and the shape of the non-slip handle is just right for tots. It also comes with a snap-on cover to keep snacks fresh and secure." Of course, this is PVC and BPA free. yeah!





I've tried a few snack cups and oh the mess! My Little One (LO) totally understands the concept of taking one out at a time, but isn't it more fun trying to just dump it all out on the floor...or wherever?!?! I think so!  I really try to get him more independent, so the option of being right there and holding a cup or giving him one at a time is not an option for me!

To be honest, at first I thought this cup was hard to get food out of! seriously, even I had a hard time grabbing one Cheerios, for example!  I still gave it to my LO and eventually the top loosened up a bit (especially since my LO likes to sometimes just leave his hand wedge right in there, almost in a protective manor!).  So it's really not an issue anymore.  Again, to be honest, it's not mess-free either, but it's the closest we've ever come to keeping content in one container with our LO being in full control... which means the cup is being taken ev'rywhere and anywhere and thrown on the floor and banged up quite a bit!!!  This is a tough one!!





Lets get more technical now.  First off, I love the lid.  It gives us the option to leave left over snacks in there and they stay fresh!  I also really bought it for the handle, which I thought was perfect for my LO's hands... in fact, the first time I gave it to him in the store he didn't want to let it go for the cashier to scan it!  Before this cup, I didn't have peace of mind to just give my LO a snack and leave to go somewhere (in fear he would ruin his car seat or his stroller).  This is so magical it even stops tantrums!!! hehehe giving him dry cereals in it in the morning on our way to the daycare, makes his morning!

All and all, this is one of my go to products and I just happened to stumble upon it, browsing in one of my favorite local store.  As an OT, I encourage independence and development of fine motor skills, which I think this cup does very nicely. So, this is why this product is Ergo Mama V approved!

I purchased mine at my local store, Ana Banana, but it should also be available where they sell OXO kitchen products (like well .ca), if you are not local.

Thanks for reading!
V


Links:
http://www.anabananababy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment