Tuesday 29 April 2014

Bibs!!!



Today I'm writing about bibs in general, as I use a few different brands and couldn't choose one, that was a definite step above the rest!


Kushies waterproof bib with sleeves

100% nylon coated polyurethane.  Lead, PVC and phthalate free. Adjustable hook and loop closure (velcro).  Catch-all pocket.  wipes clean. 4 sizes: small (up to 12mths), medium (12-24mths), large (2-4yrs), x-large (4-6yrs). Made in Canada!



These are the first bibs I turned to when I was looking for a good bib to keep the mess away from my son's clothes!  These were the only ones with sleeves that came in that small of a size!   Since then, I've enjoyed them very much as they're easily cleaned.  I personally wash them directly in my dish water and hang to dry for the next meal (we have a few that we rotate).  I still pull up my son's sleeves before putting the bib on him, just to make sure.  The big pocket usually picks up most of the mess and I like the fit on him, as it's not too bulky and his movements aren't restrained with extra fabric and if he drops something on his self he can get it himself.  The patterns are also very cute and many to choose from (for a boy anyway).  I enjoy that it has a velcro closure, so the fabric doesn't irritate my son's neck.  We purchased ours at Lollipops and Gumdrops, a local retailer (they do sell online as well though).  These are my favorites, as they are more functional.

Bumkins Waterproof Sleeved Bib

These are Lead, BPA, PVC and Phthalates free.  They have an adjustable tie closure, they're easy wipe, machine washable and are 6-24months.  According to Bumkins, the bibs resist most stains, they have a durable yet comfortable fabric (which is colorfast - doesn't lose it's color) and have a catch-all pocket. Made in China.  Elastics at the wrists.



I bought these as a friend recommended them.  I was a bit sceptic at first, as the other bibs I had seen with elastic wrists were not waterproof, or the waterproof effect lasted until you washed them a few times (I had seen reviews on mommy FB groups).  Plus I thought these might be big on my small baby.  But she assured me that they fit great and are definitely waterproof and durable!  I can say that I wasn't disappointed! She was right, they fit because of the elastics, but I'm sure they'll eventually fit better as he grows a bit more (so it is a bit bulky right now).  And the waterproof is very effective so far!!  The catch-all pocket though is divided in two (sewn in the middle) and doesn't stay open to really catch a lot... personally!  But on the plus side, I appreciate that this bib will fit longer and that the elastics seem to protect the cuffs of the shirts better.



They also do have a lot of different patterns, which is nice to have the option.  I bought mine off of Amazon and for some reason, the different patterns have different prices, like considerable differences! So we bought a few of the same cheaper pattern!  As another friend pointed out to me just today, another downside of this bib is the tie closure.  Personally, I don't like having to tie it!!! but she was telling me that her daughter burned her neck (rug burn type thing) from constantly pulling on it at one meal! not fun!

Skip Hop bibs

Skip Hop Zoo bibs are lightweight and water resistant, catch-all food pocket, tuck away pouch, soft touch velcro. BPA, PVC and phthalate free. Machine washable. 6months to 3years.



Now these don't have sleeves, but I still love them! They're not quite waterproof either, but water resistant.  I guess I just love that they still do protect the clothes and when our baby eats something less wet-messy (crackers, rice cakes, or sticks of raw veggies), it's perfect, with the big catch-all pocket.  They have the safe velcro, which is always a plus for me, on top of being a velcro!  Plus, I love the look of those bibs! Adorable!   They can also be stored neatly in an integrated travel pouch.  They sell those at our local retailers, but we bought it in the States on a family trip!



Overall Conclusion:
I would recommend them all, as it depends your needs.  We personally use them all, but do prefer the kushies ones as it fits our needs better!

Thanks for reading!
V

links:
http://www.kushiesonline.com/Kushies-Feeding-Bibs-s/7345.htm

www.bumkins.com

http://www.shoplollipopsandgumdrops.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SH11 (Skip Hop)


No comments:

Post a Comment